Walk in honor of your favorite pet.
Run in honor of shelter pets that need a second chance.
On the Florence Area Humane Society (FAHS) is hosting their 7th Annual Canines in Costume for a Cause 5/10k Run. This event includes a 5K and 10k race, a one-mile “fun run” for dogs and their owners, a raffle, and other contests. All proceeds will go directly to the Florence Area Humane Society.
Registration is from. The 5K and 10k begins at with the one mile pledge walk taking place directly after . Dogs are encouraged to participate in all events. All dogs must be on a leash. The entry fee is 5k-$25, 10k-$30, and the pledge walk- the pledge money. Late registration: 5k-$30, 10k-$35.
All runners will be given a dry wicking t- shirt ( while supplies last). There will be cash prizes to the top male and female winners: 1st place- $50, 2nd and 3rd place- gift certificates. Awards will be given to each age group.
Directly following the race, there will be post race food, raffle prizes- ( each runner will get a complimentary raffle ticket), and a canine costume contest.
If you have any questions about this race, see www.florencehumanesociety.org, or www.simplytiming.com for details as the event draws closer, or contact the race director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Day Schedule:
- Packet Pickup- 8:00-8:45
- Race Start Time-5/10k-9:00
- Stick around for the raffle, food and Canine Costume Contest
Type:-5/10k, 1 mile pledge walk
Start Time: 9:00
Location: Country Club of South Carolina
Address: 3525 McDonald Blvd Florence, SC
Proceeds:Florence Area Humane Society
Course Map: (5K Run-Walk)- Coming Soon
Shirts: Dry wicking- while supplies last so make sure you register early
Adult - S,M,L,XL,2XL, 3XL
Event special notes-
- Strollers are strollers welcome
- People can listen to music while running
- Pets are welcome obviously.
- This event does not have any parking restrictions.
- There are not age restrictions for this race.
Overall Male / Female (How many in each)- 1
Awards: (Overall Awards are based on Gun Time)
5K Run (or Run/Walk)
- Age Group Awards for Male / Female-first place- $50, second and third place- gift certificates
5K and 10K Run
- 13 and under, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65 and up.
- Early Registration Price-$25
- Late Registration Price-$30
- Day of Race Price-$30
- Early Registration Price-$30
- Late Registration Price-$35
- Day of Race Price-$35
Like, Follow, Share:
Race Director: Elizabeth Parrish @ Liz9358@msn.com
Please contact the race director if you can Volunteer they are needed.